Red Light Enforcement
The new concept to safeguard the intersections
Traffic light cameras, how do they work?
- Traffic light cameras are a type of traffic enforcement camera employed to capture images of vehicles crossing the intersection during the red traffic light phase.
- The capturing of images is performed using artificial intelligence: when the traffic light status is red, the camera automatically detects it through image analysis technology. When the camera detects the red status, the violation mode is enabled, and the traffic light camera activates.
- The main reasons for the need to install traffic light cameras are to change drivers’ behaviour, increase safety and reduce the number of accidents.
- These cameras are an effective way to dissuade people who commit offences in intersections regulated by traffic lights.
The innovative not invasive solution based on image analysis
- Tattile double head system which allows the identification of red light enforcements without the need of a physical connection with the traffic light (red light status identification through image analysis)
- OCR algorithm processed directly on board
- The device can be programmed thanks to the integrated web server. The set up procedure allows the user to position two virtual loops straddled the stop line (on the image taken by the context camera). This allows the red light violation identification without external sensors (e.g. loop, ect..)
- The system is able to manage different kind of traffic light installations (one or two lanes, one traffic light each lane or every two lanes)
- Each violation is documented by sending BW and color images (eight in total), textual information (date, hour, license number) and a video (with resolution 1280×800) to a FTP server